Back on track
Beat the most common sabotaging thoughts- “I’ve blown healthy eating for the day, so I might as well keep eating. I can get back on track tomorrow/Monday/next week/next month/next year.” Now, compare this situation to the one where you have a flat tire. What do you do? Replace it with the spare tire, or puncture the remaining three?
What happens if you don’t?
1. Lose faith in your own efforts and dedication
2. Feel helpless and demotivated
3. Feel weak and succumb to cravings
4. Without a plan, everything in the kitchen becomes an option
5. Uncontrolled weight gain
What happens if you do?
1. You feel confident to take charge again
2. You no longer feel upset and full of regret
3. You start feeling lighter again
4. You make a commitment to stick to your fitness regime
Going back to planning what you will eat, cuts out many a craving. Your brain will know exactly what you are going to eat, and can focus on one healthy meal instead of many unhealthy options.
1. Remind yourself when you were in control and dealing successfully with eating regimes
2. Just work on dealing with it on a daily basis to make it easier
3. Keep your kitchen temptation-free. Get rid of junk food