Maintain the pace of your breath throughout the day!
What happens if you don’t?
1. Physiological states have a role to play in regulating your moods and emotions
2. There is a high chance that you are subjected to anger and anxiety as a response to stress
3. Fight or flight response leads to increased respiratory rate
4. It is good to experiment and observe your own breath through the day
What happens if you do?
The effort to maintain regularity in breathing pace affects many other habits too:
1. It adds joy and lightness in interpersonal interactions
2. It helps avoid panic and frustrations
3. It helps your decision making and problem solving
4. It helps you in regularized flow of thoughts
How does it work?
1. Biological rhythm is very inherent to your life processes
2. Breathing is the primary biological rhythm
3. Even with environmental factors increasing your pace of breathing, this practice can bring it down significantly
1. Guided relaxation techniques like yoga indri can be effective
2. Music works as medicine to regulating breathing
3. Regularity in sleep cycles also improves breathing
4. Avoiding overeating helps improve the way you breathe
5. Gazing at the open sky during daytime and night time for a considerable amount of time helps